Amazon.com, founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos, is the world's largest internet retailer. It is a publicly traded company with websites located in the United States, the United Kingdom and Ireland, France, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Australia, Brazil, Japan, China, India and Mexico. As of Q3, 2016, it is the 3rd largest company in the US (by market cap).
See Amazon Deals
See Amazon Coupons
Amazon Fun Facts:
- The original name for Amazon was going to be Cadabra. It was ultimately changed to Amazon because Amazon's lawyer misheard it as "cadaver", like, lifeless body cadaver. Jeff Bezos also considered relentless.com, which is still currently forwarded to Amazon.com.
- Amazon's warehouses have more square footage than 700 Madison Square Gardens and they can hold liquid totaling more than ten thousand Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- The first book sold on Amazon was "Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies: Computer Models Of The Fundamental Mechanisms Of Thought".
- Amazon own some other sites you may have heard of including zappos.com, 6pm.com, diapers.com, wag.com and many more.
- Amazon lost $4.8 million in August, 2013 when their website went down for 40 minutes.
A-Z Review: 5/5 Stars
Many of us here at A-Z Reviewer are what you might call ‘Amazon Fanboys (& girls)’. This isn’t because we like the tone of the site or because they make great products (even though they do). Amazon, as a company is, by far, our top pick when it comes to customer satisfaction. From ease of use of the website, to selection of products & pricing, to 1-click checkout, to shipping time, customer service, returns & beyond, Amazon has proven to be the #1 online retailer far surpassing it’s competitors.
Become a Prime Member – The free 2-day shipping (only hours with Prime Now), Amazon Prime Video (with exclusive content), Amazon Family, Prime Pantry, Prime Music, Prime Reading + 30 minute early access to select Lightning Deals and much more – the benefits far outweigh the $99/year cost. Plus, you can get a 30-day free trial.
Keep an eye on the Daily Deal section. You’ll find great products in just about every category and rock-bottom prices. New deals are are rolled out either every 4 hours throughout the day or every 24 hours, typically at midnight PST.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK BY LEAVING FEEEDBACK BELOW.